Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Would you do it with a Doll?

Last night I watched Ch4's Sexology: Obscene Machines
Now I consider myself very open minded when it comes to sex but this creeped me out.
First they had the "Fucking Machines", and to my mind No amount of imagination is going to make them sexy, in fact quite the opposite. If a partner brought one of those out, after the initial shock and rolling around on the floor laughing, I would get my coat and get out of there!
Then came the Dolls! These are meant to be lifelike, "Real" dolls. A giant step up from the inflatable versions yes, but still deeply disturbing, and with a price tag that puts them out of the reach of most.
I personally have always found the idea of "sex dolls" a little disturbing they are creepy and wrong, and should only be used for comic purposes. They make me think of stag nights and lonely pervs who can't get a real date. So I wanted to ask what you think of them, has anyone ever bought one, and why? Or maybe you know someone who has. And if so was it the cheap blow up type or did you/they spend some money? I'm curious.
Back to the programme
The most disturbing part of course was the people that had the dolls. There was a couple who now have four, and they put them into positions, photograph them and put them on the net! There was a certain sadness about them, although they were very open and happy about their toys or "ladies", the glazed look in the woman's eyes was not happy and healthy, I think she could do with some real friends.
Then there's the stereotypical lonely old man perv. He's in his 70's and he has a doll that he dresses up as a school girl! This guy was "car crash tv", as disturbing as he was you just couldn't help watching. He went on to show exactly how he had sex with her! It was the strangest thing I've seen in a long while, he was quite clinical about it, but also said that he loved her! I had to turn away several times. His best line, that had me crying with laughter was "this is the position I call stroking my balls" You couldn't make it up, he then revealed a less than healthy attitude to women "they all have an agenda", should he be locked up? Quite possibly.
The final words were from another pretty scary lady with very squiffy eyes, and thankfully it was indeed healthy. That "a doll or machine will never match up to the real thing" not just for the obvious but because "we all like giving pleasure and seeing the happy response in a real human being"
Must see tv.

2 comments:

pat said...

even as a lonely old (well i prefer middle aged) perve i find the dolls a little scary.
i first saw them at the london erotica sexpo and seeing in the flesh (as it were)was interesting, but in a clinical and artistic sense. i couldn't help but think "well this would spice up madame tussards".

never quite got my head around the whole blow doll thing either (although i confess i did want to buy several of the cheap ones to have as objet d'art in my flat. an idea that was soon discarded because 1] it would imply i was thinking about interior design 2] no doubt one night they would scare the living snot out of me 3] they look a little scary 4]would have worked out quite expensive).
although it has been a long time since indulging in the art of sex i do recall that there was a need for a bit of weight for resistence and friction purposes a rubber doll just doesn't seem to have that, plus i would be frightened it would pop while i was doing it. and what do you tell a&e then?

have seen a couple of doll sites on the web, i particualry like the ones that told you how to repair the doll, as once you see what the insides are about you are even less attracted to them.
they reminded me of the bendy toys that were so popular when i was a child and before health and safety regs kicked in.

on a sort of mmmm slightly related but probably not very interesting note. most of the perves i have contact with (through the s&m scene) all generally seem to be humourless people.....
i of course am an exception... yeah right.

MissMinxtress said...

Glad I'm not the only one who finds them disturbing. And with the pricy ones the body may be "somewhat" realistic but the faces are very scary, that glazed staring look givs me the willies.
As for the perves, I have not met many serious perverts (at least not to my knowledge!) but the "lesser" perves I've met seem to be very humorous, partly to do with their interests in the bizzare but also I think cos they have a more open, fun attitude to sex. And I count myself among them.