Sunday, October 30, 2005

The Future is Flock?


Many of you may have already heard of this. I caught the news on Newsnight.
Internet browsing has already had a wonderful new lease of life with Firefox, I for one will never go back to Explorer. Now there is a new player in town, "Flock", set to radicalize the way we browse, and largely spurred on by blogging. The developers are creating an opensource (free) program that makes communicating, blogging and sharing with others much simpler.
I'm all for this for many reasons, one being that I love blogging with all it's potential and possibilities, I love being able to share my thoughts and interests with others, especially as some of my friends live so far away, and I love new technology! But what I really love about this is that it is cutting out the corporations, it's free and encourages people to share what they have, if we're really lucky it may destroy them all together (well I can dream). I feel it will also help bring people together, even if it's virtually, our society is getting scarily closed off.
It's still in the development stages and as my technical know-how is shamefully poor and have no back up system at the mo I can't risk it crashing my system, but I am itching to try it out.
For more info check out what the BBC said or what Flock say themselves
God bless the geeks for they shall inherit the earth

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

no, its mine! All mine.
you should check your emails more often when you're surfing
wahim

Anonymous said...

sorry i got confused
might have repeated myself (again)