Saturday, October 08, 2005

Brings back memories


There are thousands of compilation cd's brought out and when I hear the adds there's usually only one or two tracks I like, and seeing as they usually advertise it with the best tracks and the rest of the album usually turns out to be crap I never buy them.
This however is different. Every tune they played I love, and do indeed remember them from my youth. And reading the track list this is a must get.
It includes such greats as: The Charlatans - The Only One I Know, The Wonder Stuff - The Size Of A Cow, Deee-Lite - Groove Is In The Heart, The La's - There She Goes, James - Sit Down, Transvision Vamp - Baby I Don't Care, Manic Street Preachers - Motorcycle Emptiness, Spin Doctors - Two Princes, They Might Be Giants - Birdhouse In Your Soul.
And great timing as I've been thinking of putting together a "Tracks of my Youth" Cd
Reminds me of good time in Oxford, I'm sure you'll agree Cliff.

1 comment:

Shep said...

Indeed it does - thundering down the road in Lisemore's car...I just *cough* acquired the best of The Charlatans and danced Bez-like round the house, much to my children's amusement. I still have a couple of 1990 Rave type CDs which I keep for nostalgia purposes. And have been known to defend the Candy Flip version of Strawberry Fields Forever as superior to the original...