Monday, November 07, 2005

On reflection...

It was probably for the best that I stayed home this weekend.
As much as I would have loved to go out and have some fun, I have had a lot to do.
So I was able to catch up with some work and some fun stuff too.
Spent ages on the net and wrote over 2000 words in total for different things (blog, mail, research,& general writing)
And most importantly I need to conserve my energies for my trip to London next week.
It's meant to be a break, but my diary is already filling up! So much to do, so many people to see.
Have to find a healthy but fun balance...hmm, easier said than done.
It's meant to be a quiet gettaway but that's tricky in a busy metropolis like London.
I'm kinda doing things the wrong way round, I live in a very quiet spot, and am going to a city for a gettaway...go figure.
And there really is so much to do in London. It's been several years since I've been and there is a lot I'm looking forward to. Apart from the obvious of seeing some of my friends, I'm mainly looking forward to going to a coffee shop for a nice Latte, and being able to order takeaways!
Sad or strange it may seem, but when you've been living in the sticks with the nearest shop (and not a very good one) six miles away, little things come to mean a great deal!
There is of course all the other lovely things London has to offer like galleries and theatre's and a decent nightlife!
It will also be strange to be around so many people, cars, buildings and noise! Although I spent a long time living in London it was a long time ago and I have been living a very hermetic lifestyle (not by choice) recently.
I'm used to, and love greenery, serenity and wildlife...things in short supply in London.
That's why London for me is great to visit but not to live.


1 comment:

Hobbit's Journal said...

I love visiting London, I'd like to have a go at living their but I'm not sure if I'd take to it. Being from a town you get used to having that bit more personal space.