Tuesday, February 02, 2010

New Tech Love

ASUS WAVEFACE ULTRA SMARTPHONE BRACELET

"Want to pretend you’re in a sci-fi movie? The Waveface Ultra can help. Asus’ conceptual OLED wristband doubles as a piece of jewelry and an ultra high-tech smartphone. No word on a release date, but information junkies are sure to be waiting with baited breath."

 


Me Wants!
I Love new tech, I am an out and proud Geek.
If I had the money I would have all sorts of clever, usefull, entertaining and just plain sexy stuff.
I do worry however about the ecological side of all these things. They often use some rather nasty chemicals and materials that do not break down and leach out into the environment. Also, as new tech gets replaced by even new tech the old ones get left in drawers and cupboards, handed on to someone else if they're lucky or in the worst cases-binned. And much of the materials can be reclaimed, so can the tech inside. 
Also, although the western world may be able to keep up with this fast paced and expensive materialism, there are many (most) that can not. Including myself. I remember the first "Palm" I had, it was such a joy and so very clever, it was a hand me down from a friend, and now has passed on to someone else. It is now though almost obsolete, many mobiles phones do much of what my little "Palm" did.
So I was very pleased to be routed via a friend to the site "inhabitat". It is full of ingenious and eco ideas covering a whole spectrum of topics. 
Go check it out and I can garantee you will find something that appeals.
The eco-undies...well need I say more!




No comments: