Tuesday, February 02, 2010

ECO ART: Brilliant Images Carved into Leaves

by Moe Beitiks, 01/30/10
eco-art, leaves, sustainable art, recycled leaves, engraved leaves, carved leaves


"Why settle for a postcard of the Mona Lisa, when you could have a hand-carved leaf engraved with her mysterious face? Making art with leaves isn’t a new idea, but several online purveyors have taken the medium to a new level. Offering up intricately cut images of everything from landscapes to the female form to even Napoleon – yes, you can have the face of the famous emperor cut into a leaf and framed - sustainable art just got a little more interesting."

I love this. I don't know how they do it but it looks fantastic. They must be very patient.
Yet another gem form "Inhabit" 

I could just keep adding stuff to my blog from there but I will try to stop now.
Go look for yourselves

No comments: